More and more organisations are looking to virtualise and consolidate their computer infrastructure to experience the benefits of lower operational costs and increased business agility. However, as with any emerging technology, virtualisation will attract new security threats and it’s a mistake to assume that traditional security approaches can provide an adequate defence. For example,
the security gateways that may have existed between physical equipment are not present in a virtualised environment. Furthermore, the damage in a virtualised environment can be extensive when a virtualised privileged layer of software is compromised, all consolidated workloads are put at risk.
Virtualised security appliances are necessary in order to apply the same rigorous access control, authentication and content checking as traditional security appliances from within the virtual platform. Because of the increased risk due to multiple systems being located on a single piece of hardware, security must be a priority area when looking at virtualisation and consolidation. Virtualisation touches every aspect of the IT infrastructure – data centres, servers and networks – and security must be factored into the virtualisation strategy to ensure that only the right people access the right information at the right time.
Until now, security has not been a high-profile issue in the virtualisation software market. But with hundreds of thousands of customers, many of the Fortune 1,000, already using virtual machine server products, vendors are now looking at security solutions for virtualised environments. With DNS Arrow’s portfolio of security solutions and our knowledge in this market, your customers can be confident that their corporate security policy is consistently implemented, regardless of the platform on which their infrastructure sits.
Key Security Questions:
• Are you looking to virtualise and consolidate your infrastructure?
• Do your employees need secure access to core services while teleworking
or on the road?
• Do you want to attain the same level of security assurance on virtualised platforms as on physical hardware?
Do you want to utilise existing hardware to perform security related tasks?
Security Virtualisation Benefits:
• Ensures that even if the hardware is lost or stolen, the data remains intact and inaccessible to unauthorised parties.
• Infection prevention regardless of where workers are located, along with access controls to ensure that corporate assets are used only for appropriate purposes.
• Ensuring the business maintains the levels of security assurance required by law and that security is maintained without compromise within a virtual world.
If one or more of these points are relevant to your organization then talk to us now about the benefits that Qual can offer both in terms of efficiency and return on investment of Virtualising your Security.
|To explore the Business Advantages that Security Virtualisation can bring to your organisation or if you would like to discuss arranging a bespoke POC (proof of concept) service, call us now on 0845 686 0890 to discuss the unique benefits that Qual can offer to your business when introducing or expanding your existing Virtual IT Architecture.
Alternatively simply click hereand we'll call you back at a time that's convenient for you.